National Cheese Pizza Day, which is September 5th of this year, is one of the most important holidays here at Hungry Howie's®. While we love a pie that's packed with great toppings, there is something special and beautiful to celebrate in a classic, gooey, warm, melty, plain cheese pizza. We hope that this year you take the evening to celebrate National Cheese Pizza Day with us and order a pie for carry-out or delivery. Our pizza is made with 100% real mozzarella cheese that's sure to make your mouth water.
The Love of Cheese Pizza
Plain pizza is the most common order in the United States, with pepperoni trailing right behind, so it only makes sense that National Cheese Pizza Day is a thing. Here at Hungry Howie's®, we would give each and every pizza it's own national day if we could. It's something we're looking in to.
But, the love of cheese pizza is so prevalent and universal that it definitely deserves some recognition.
Here's how much the United States loves a good old classic cheese pizza:
- The world's longest pizza, that made the Guinnes Book of World Records, used 3,900 pounds of mozzarella cheese.
- 80% of Italian cheese produced in the United States is mozzarella, due to the high demand from pizzerias.
- The per capita consumption of cheese has risen 41% in the past 15 years–undoubedtly thanks to pizza.
- The most common cheese used on pizza is, you guessed it, mozzarella, though there are others that are rising in popularity.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese is more popular than fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Americans eat more than 3 billion pizzas annually.
- Nearly 50% of all American citizens have eaten a pizza in the past month.
- There are more than 70,000 pizzerias across the country (though Hungry Howie's® is definitely our favorite).
- Americans eat approximately 350 slices of pizza every single second.
New Frontiers in Cheese Pizza
While shredded mozzarella is the clear winner when it comes to the type of cheese that most commonly appears on pizza, other cheese are making their big debut in the pizza world. National Cheese Pizza Day celebrates all cheeses, not just mozzarella, and there are a few different types that we love ourselves.
Other common cheeses on pizza include:
- Goat cheese
You don't have to stick to just one type of cheese on your pizza. When you layer the flavors of them all on an extra gooey pie, you can delight in a heavenly combination.
How to Celebrate National Cheese Pizza Day
There's really no wrong way to celebrate National Cheese Pizza Day, as long as it involves a cheese pizza. While ordering and indulging is the best way to go, in our opinion, you can pay tribute to the beloved American dish in other ways, too.
- Throw an office pizza party
- Order a cheese pizza to send to a friend as a surprise
- Share your favorite pizza memes on social media
- Share your favorite at-home pizza recipe with friends
- Try a new cheese combination on your order tonight
Add a Cheese Flavored Crust®
If you're really looking to kick National Cheese Pizza Day up a notch, what better way than to add Hungry Howie's® famous Flavored Crust® to the mix? We have eight different flavors available, but for this very special day we recommend sticking to the Butter Cheese or Asiago Cheese flavor to keep with the theme. After all, you can never have too much cheese on your pie, can you?! We don't think so.
More National Pizza Days
Cheese pizza isn't the only pie with it's own day. There are many times to celebrate your favorite meal throughout the year (not that you ever need a reason to order a good pie if you ask us).
Other pizza holidays include:
- National Pizza Pie Day: February 9
- National Deep Dish Pizza Day: April 5
- National Pizza Party Day: May 17
- Pizza Margherita Day: June 11
- National Pepperoni Pizza Day: September 20
- National Sausage Pizza Day: October 11
You can keep on celebrating pizza all year round!
Order for Carry-Out or Delivery
This holiday, get your cheese pizza however is most convenient for you and the family. You can order online or give us a call for either carry-out or delivery. When you order your pizza online you can use the HowieTrack® to see just where your cheese pizza is each step of the way until it makes its way to your destination. You'll know exactly when to expect it for arrival.
And don't forget to order the soft drinks, a side salad, a baked pasta, and dessert to turn National Cheese Pizza Day into a real party with something for everyone. And hey, we won't judge you if you throw in an order for a pepperoni pie as well. Whatever you're feeling tonight, make it happen with a Hungry Howie's® pie, some good company, and great conversation. It's a day to celebrate and we hope that a warm pie at your dinner table brings a smile to your face.
If you stop into any of our locations to grab your order and go, don't forget to wish our staff a very happy holiday! September 5th is one of our favorites.